Oude Kerk Amsterdam known as the “Old Church” is the city’s oldest monument and it’s first parish church.
The canals of Amsterdam are a defining feature of the city and the Canal Ring (Grachtengordel) is a UNESCO as a world-acclaimed monument.
A picturesque and tranquil location for taking photos of canals and bridges.
Rembrandt is perhaps undoubtedly the greatest artist of the Dutch Golden age. He left a substantial and exceptional collection of artwork, much of which can be seen at the Rembrandt House Museum. Rembrandt lived in the house at Jodenbreestraat 4 in Amsterdam between 1639 and 1658. This large house built in 1606 cost him 13,000 […]
The Munttoren is a historic tower standing on the busy Muntplein square in Amsterdam. Munttoren (mint tower) is a remnant of the Regulierspoort which was a gateway into the city. The tower was part of the old medieval city wall built between 1480 and 1487. It had two towers separated by a gate & guardhouse. […]
The Mozes en Aäronkerk is a Roman Catholic Church in Waterlooplein, Amsterdam.
Many of Amsterdam’s older buildings have decorative gables at the top. The canal house gables have come in a variety of style and give an insight into the history of the building. A gable is the section of wall between the edges of a dual-pitched roof. They are visible on the tall elegant canal houses […]
Amsterdam’s best known and largest open air flee-market!
A floating market located on Singel selling flowers, bulbs & souvenirs.
A richly decorated bridge connecting the Rembrandtplein and Waterlooplein areas.
A small but lively, historic square named after the world-famous Dutch artist Rembrandt.
You find yourself at Amsterdam central station an hour or two to spare. You could take a coffee or grab something to eat, or go and explore the neighbourhood! There’s a lot to see and do near the station with plenty of variety. Let’s take a look at what kind of photos you can expect […]
- Primark Amsterdam is a flagship store is very popular with both visitors & locals alike. …Read More »
- These are the figures for Amsterdam’s Top 5 most popular museums in 2016 Rijksmuseum: 2,259,987 …Read More »
- Blauwburgwal is Amsterdam shortest canal, no more than 100 meters in length and connects the …Read More »
- You find yourself at Amsterdam central station an hour or two to spare. You could …Read More »
- Cold but still beautiful in Amsterdam last night...Read More »
- Warm summer light hitting the canal houses on Damrak near Central StationRead More »
- Some visit Amsterdam and decided never to leave, like the Grey Heron which has established …Read More »
- Reguliersgracht is one of the must-see attractions in Amsterdam offering picture perfect views of canals …Read More »
- The yellow canal boat on a peaceful spring evening in AmsterdamRead More »
- Evening stroll in Amsterdam led me to Café Papeneiland on the corner of Brouwersgracht and …Read More »