1. Singel is a Dutch word which means “Belt” or “Loop”
2. The canal was created as a moat around the city centre between 1428 and 1450
3. The length of Singel is just over 1 mile long (1800m) – it’s an easy walk!
4. Singel canal is very picturesque containing around 280 listed buildings.
5. There are 11 bridges over Singel, including Torensluis which is the widest bridge in Amsterdam.
6. Singel features it’s own Red Light District
7. The world’s narrowest house façade is at Singel 7
8. Singel is home to the famous floating flower market – Bloemenmarkt
Instagram filter used: Clarendon
Photo taken at: Singel